Title 10, Chapter 1, Section 350
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Ferrous metals" means any metals containing significant
quantities of iron or steel.
(2) "Law enforcement officer" means any duly constituted peace
officer of the State of Georgia or of any county, municipality, or
political subdivision thereof.
(3) "Nonferrous metals" means metals not containing significant
quantities of iron or steel, including, without limitation,
copper, brass, aluminum, bronze, lead, zinc, nickel, and alloys
(4) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, joint
venture, trust, association, and any other legal entity.
(5) "Personal identification card" means a driver's license or
identification card issued by the Department of Public Safety or a
similar card issued by another state, a military identification
card, a passport, or an appropriate work authorization issued by
the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(6) "Purchase transaction" means a transaction in which a
secondary metals recycler gives consideration in exchange for
regulated metal property.
(7) "Regulated metal property" means any item composed primarily
of any nonferrous metals, but shall not include aluminum beverage
containers, used beverage containers, or similar beverage
(8) "Secondary metals recycler" means any person who is engaged,
from a fixed location or otherwise, in the business of paying
compensation for ferrous or nonferrous metals that have served
their original economic purpose, whether or not engaged in the
business of performing the manufacturing process by which ferrous
metals or nonferrous metals are converted into raw material
products consisting of prepared grades and having an existing or
potential economic value.