Title 10, Chapter 12, Section 3
As used in this chapter the term:
(1) "Electronic" means, without limitation, analog, digital,
electronic, magnetic, mechanical, optical, chemical,
electromagnetic, electromechanical, electrochemical, or other
(2) "Electronic record" means information created, transmitted,
received, or stored by electronic means and retrievable in human
(3) "Electronic signature" means a signature created, transmitted,
received, or stored by electronic means and includes but is not
limited to a secure electronic signature.
(4) "Person" means a natural person, corporation, trust,
partnership, incorporated or unincorporated association, or any
other legal entity, and also includes any department, agency,
authority, or instrumentality of the state or its political
(5) "Record" means information created, transmitted, received, or
stored either in human perceivable form or in a form that is
retrievable in human perceivable form.
(6) "Secure electronic signature" means an electronic or digital
method executed or adopted by a party with the intent to be bound
by or to authenticate a record, which is unique to the person
using it, is capable of verification, is under the sole control of
the person using it, and is linked to data in such a manner that
if the data are changed the electronic signature is invalidated.
(7) "Signature" means any symbol or method that a person causes to
be attached to or logically associated with a record with the
intent to sign such record.