Title 10, Chapter 2, Section 1
As used in this chapter and any rules or regulations promulgated
pursuant to this chapter, the term:
(1) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture, the
primary constitutional officer of the Georgia Department of
Agriculture, charged with the responsibility of enforcing weights
and measures laws and regulations.
(2) "Correct," as used in connection with weights and measures,
means conformance to all applicable requirements of this chapter.
(3) "Measure" means a volume of standard dry or liquid capacity.
(4) "Package" means any commodity put up or packaged in any
manner, in advance of sale, in units suitable for either wholesale
or retail sale.
(5) "Person" means and includes individuals, partnerships, firms,
corporations, companies, societies, and associations.
(6) "Primary standards" means the physical standards of the State
of Georgia which serve as the legal reference from which all other
standards and weights and measures are derived.
(7) "Sale from bulk" or "bulk sale" means the sale of commodities
when the quantity is determined at the time of the sale.
(8) "Secondary standards" means the physical standards which are
traceable to the primary standards through comparisons, using
acceptable laboratory procedures, and used in the enforcement of
weights and measures laws and regulations.
(9) "Weight," as used in connection with any commodity, means net
(10) "Weights and measures" means all weights and measures of
every kind, instruments and devices for weighing and measuring,
and any appliance and accessories associated with any or all such
instruments and devices.