Title 10, Chapter 4, Section 2
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Agricultural product" means individually and collectively all
grains, cotton, meat, fruits, vegetables, and other farm products
offered or accepted for storage in their raw or natural state;
provided, however, that products which have been processed only to
the extent of shelling, cleaning, and grading shall be included;
and, provided, further, that any warehouseman storing refrigerated
or processed agricultural products may, at his option, come under
the operation of this article.
(2) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture.
(3) "Grain" means all products commonly classed as grain, such as
wheat, corn, oats, barley, rye, rice, field peas, soybeans,
clover, grain sorghum, and other products ordinarily stored in
(4) "Person" means any individual, partnership, firm, corporation,
association, or other organized group having a joint or common
(5) "Producer" means a farmer or grower of agricultural products.
(6) "Public warehouse" or "warehouse" means any building,
structure, or other enclosure other than a refrigerated building
or structure in this state at which any agricultural product is
received from the public for storage for hire.
(7) "Receipt" means a warehouse receipt issued under this article.
(8) "Storer" means the depositor of agricultural products stored
under a nonnegotiable receipt or the holder of a negotiable
receipt for such products issued by a warehouseman licensed under
(9) "Warehouseman" means a person engaged in the business of
operating a warehouse or any person who uses or undertakes to use
a warehouse for the purpose of storing agricultural products for
compensation for more than one person; provided, however, any
person operating a warehouse not covered by this article may elect
to come under this article.