Title 12, Chapter 5, Section 542
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Acceptable Flint River stream flow" means the quantity of
stream flows at one or more specific locations on the Flint River
which provides for aquatic life protection and other needs as
established by the director, based on municipal, agricultural,
industrial, and environmental needs.
(2) "Affected area" means that portion of the state lying within
the Flint River basin and areas where ground-water use from the
Floridan aquifer can affect the stream flow in the Flint River or
(3) "Authority" means the Georgia Environmental Facilities
Authority created by Chapter 23 of Title 50.
(4) "Board" means the Board of Natural Resources.
(5) "Director" means the director of the Environmental Protection
Division of the Department of Natural Resources.
(6) "Division" means the Environmental Protection Division of the
Department of Natural Resources.
(7) "Drought conditions" means any condition which results in a
stream flow that is lower than the acceptable Flint River stream
(8) "Drought protection funds" means the funds held by the authority as provided in Code Section 12-5-545 for the accomplishment of the purposes of this article.
(9) "Flint River basin" means the area of land which drains into
the Flint River or its tributaries.
(10) "Floridan aquifer" means those rocks and sediments described
in United States Geological Survey Open-File Report 95-321 (1996)
that are capable of yielding ground water to wells or discharging
water into the Flint River or its tributaries.
(11) "Irrigated land" means farm land which is irrigated by ground water or surface water pursuant to a water withdrawal permit issued by the director pursuant to Code Section 12-5-31 or 12-5-96.
(12) "Irrigation reduction auction" means the procedure established by subsection (b) of Code Section 12-5-546 pursuant to which permittees submit offers to cease irrigation of a specified number of acres in exchange for a certain sum of money.
(13) "Permittee" means a person holding a valid permit issued before December 1, 2000, pursuant to Code Section 12-5-31 or 12-5-96.
(14) "Stream flow" means the quantity of water passing a given
location of the Flint River over a given time period expressed in
cubic feet per second.