Title 12, Chapter 5, Section 573
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Board" means the Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District Governing Board created under Code Section 12-5-575.
(2) "Director" means the director of the Environmental Protection
Division of the Department of Natural Resources.
(3) "District" means the entity established by this article that
shall have planning responsibility for watershed and storm-water
management, waste-water management, and water supply and
conservation management within the district area.
(4) "District area" means any county which has a population of
500,000 or more according to the 2000 United States decennial
census or any future such census and all counties geographically
contiguous to any such county; provided, however, that any such
contiguous county having population of 100,000 or less according
to the 2000 United States decennial census or any future such
census may, by majority vote of the governing authority thereof
and with the written approval of the director, remove itself from
the district area. The district area may be expanded from time to
time as provided in this article.
(5) "Local government" means any county or municipality of this
state lying in whole or in part within the district area.