Title 12, Chapter 6, Section 200
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Director" means the director of the State Forestry
(2) "Harvesting" means the various methods or processes of
gathering pine straw for preservation, storage, use, or sale.
(3) "Landowner" means the person who owns land on which pine straw
is harvested or the person having possession, control, or use of
such land who has lawful authority to grant permission to harvest
pine straw from the land.
(4) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation,
association, or any other legal entity.
(5) "Pine straw" means the dead needles of coniferous evergreen
trees which have separated from the trees to which they were
(6) "Pine straw dealer" means a person who purchases or otherwise
obtains pine straw from a seller for the purpose of selling such
pine straw at retail or for the purpose of selling such pine straw
to another pine straw dealer or for both such purposes. "Pine
straw dealer" also includes any person who purchases pine straw
directly from a landowner for the purpose of selling such pine
straw at retail.
(7) "Seller" means a person who exchanges pine straw for money or
for any other valuable consideration.