Title 16, Chapter 11, Section 171
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Bureau" means the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
(2) "Center" means the Georgia Crime Information Center within the
Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
(3) "Dealer" means any person licensed as a dealer pursuant to 18
U.S.C. Section 921, et seq., or Chapter 16 of Title 43.
(4) "Handgun" means a pistol or revolver or other handgun defined in Code Section 16-11-131 which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.
(5) "Involuntarily hospitalized" means hospitalized as an inpatient in any mental health facility pursuant to Code Section 37-3-81 or hospitalized as an inpatient in any mental health facility as a result of being adjudicated mentally incompetent to stand trial or being adjudicated not guilty by reason of insanity at the time of the crime pursuant to Part 2 of Article 6 of Title 17.