Title 17, Chapter 3, Section 2.1
(a) If the victim of a violation of:
(1) Code Section 16-5-70, relating to cruelty to children;
(2) Code Section 16-6-1, relating to rape;
(3) Code Section 16-6-2, relating to sodomy and aggravated sodomy;
(4) Code Section 16-6-3, relating to statutory rape;
(5) Code Section 16-6-4, relating to child molestation and aggravated child molestation;
(6) Code Section 16-6-5, relating to enticing a child for indecent purposes; or
(7) Code Section 16-6-22, relating to incest,
is under 16 years of age on the date of the violation, the applicable period within which a prosecution must be commenced under Code Section 17-3-1 or other applicable statute shall not begin to run until the victim has reached the age of 16 or the violation is reported to a law enforcement agency, prosecuting attorney, or other governmental agency, whichever occurs earlier. Such law enforcement agency or other governmental agency shall promptly report such allegation to the appropriate prosecuting attorney.
(b) This Code section shall apply to any offense designated in
paragraphs (1) through (7) of subsection (a) of this Code section
occurring on or after July 1, 1992.