Title 19, Chapter 11, Section 120
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this article, this part applies
to all proceedings under this article.
(b) This article provides for the following proceedings:
(1) Establishment of an order for spousal support or child support
pursuant to Part 4 of this article;
(2) Enforcement of a support order and income-withholding order of
another state without registration pursuant to Part 5 of this
(3) Registration of an order for spousal support or child support
of another state for enforcement pursuant to Part 6 of this
(4) Modification of an order for child support or spousal support issued by a tribunal of Georgia pursuant to Code Sections 19-11-112 through 19-11-115;
(5) Registration of an order for child support of another state
for modification pursuant to Part 6 of this article;
(6) Determination of parentage pursuant to Part 7 of this article;
(7) Assertion of jurisdiction over nonresidents pursuant to Code Sections 19-11-110 and 19-11-111.
(c) An individual petitioner or a support enforcement agency may
commence a proceeding authorized under this article by filing a
petition in an initiating tribunal for forwarding to a responding
tribunal or by filing a petition or a comparable pleading directly
in a tribunal of another state which has or can obtain personal
jurisdiction over the respondent.