Title 19, Chapter 11, Section 42
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Certification" means certification in accordance with the
laws of the certifying state.
(2) "Court" means the superior court of this state and, when the
context requires, means the court of any other state as defined in
a substantially similar reciprocal law.
(3) "Initiating state" means any state in which a proceeding
pursuant to this article or a substantially similar reciprocal law
(4) "Law" includes both common law and statute law.
(5) "Obligee" means any person to whom a duty of support is owed.
(6) "Obligor" means any person owing a duty of support.
(7) "Register" means the entry of an order by a superior court of
this state making a foreign support order a support order of this
(8) "Registering court" means any superior court of this state in
which the support order of the rendering state is registered.
(9) "Responding state" means any state in which any proceeding
pursuant to the proceeding in the initiating state is or may be
(10) "State" includes:
(A) The District of Columbia and any state, territory, or
possession of the United States or any foreign jurisdiction in
which this article or a substantially similar reciprocal law has
been enacted; and
(B) Any province or territory of the Dominion of Canada declared to be a reciprocating state by the Attorney General pursuant to Code Section 19-11-44.
(11) "Support order" means any judgment, decree, or order of
support, whether temporary or final and whether subject to
modification, revocation, or remission, regardless of the kind of
action in which it is entered, provided that custody, visitation
rights, property settlement, and all matters other than support
are specifically excluded from enforcement under this article.