Title 19, Chapter 13, Section 51
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Court" means judges in the classes of courts identified in
Title 15 and any other person while acting as such a judge
pursuant to designation as otherwise authorized by law.
(2) "Foreign court" means a court of competent jurisdiction in any
state other than this state or any territory or tribal
jurisdiction in the United States.
(3) "Foreign protective order" means any temporary protective
order, protective order, restraining order, or injunction that
prohibits acts of family violence or stalking or both issued by a
court of competent jurisdiction in another state, territory, or
tribal jurisdiction in the United States.
(4) "Law enforcement officer" means any agent or officer of this
state, or a political subdivision or municipality thereof, who, as
a full-time or part-time employee, is vested either expressly by
law or by virtue of public employment or service with authority to
enforce the criminal or traffic laws and whose duties include the
preservation of public order, the protection of life and property,
or the prevention, detection, or investigation of crime. Such
term also includes the following: state or local officer, sheriff,
deputy sheriff, dispatcher, 911 operator, police officer,
prosecuting attorney, member of the State Board of Pardons and
Paroles, a hearing officer and parole officer of the State Board
of Pardons and Paroles, and a probation officer of the Department
(5) "Modification" means any amendment, dismissal, or continuance
of a protective order.
(6) "Prosecuting attorney" means each attorney elected to
represent a judicial circuit in this state and any assistant or
deputy district attorney, or solicitor, in each judicial circuit
in this state.
(7) "Protective order" means any ex parte, temporary, six-month, permanent order, or restraining order issued by a judge in this state pursuant to Code Sections 16-5-90 through 16-5-94 or this chapter and also where appropriate in this context includes a foreign protective order.
(8) "Registry" means the Georgia Protective Order Registry.