Title 19, Chapter 6, Section 31
As used in Code Sections 19-6-32 and 19-6-33, the term:
(1) "Accruing on a daily basis" means the amount of support
computed by conversion of the periodic amount to an annual sum,
divided by 365.
(2) "Court" includes proceedings conducted by an appointed court
referee and proceedings conducted pursuant to Chapter 13 of Title
50, the "Georgia Administrative Procedure Act," as relates to the
enforcement of the duty of support as defined in Chapter 11 of
(3) "Department" means the Department of Human Resources.
(4) "Family member" means any minor child of the defendant or a
spouse or former spouse of the defendant.
(5) "Income" or "earnings" means any periodic form of payment due
to an individual, regardless of source, including without
limitation wages, salary, commission, bonus, workers'
compensation, disability, payments pursuant to a pension or
retirement program, and interest.
(6) "IV-D" means Title IV-D of the federal Social Security Act.
(7) "IV-D agency" means the Child Support Enforcement Agency of
the Department of Human Resources and its contractors.
(8) "IV-D judgment" means any order or judgment of a court of this state, any order or judgment of a court of another state or any final administrative order issued by another state and transmitted to this state for the purpose of wage deduction pursuant to Code Section 19-6-33, any order of this state entered pursuant to a proceeding under Chapter 10 of Title 19, or any final administrative order for support issued by the department under Chapter 13 of Title 50, the "Georgia Administrative Procedure Act."
(9) "Periodic support" means support required by the terms of a
court order or judgment or an administrative order to be paid
regularly on a daily, weekly, monthly, or similar specified