Title 2, Chapter 10, Section 52
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Agricultural products" means fruits, vegetables, pecans,
nuts, eggs, dairy products, forestry and horticultural products,
fish, seafood, meat, poultry, and other such products of farm,
field, and water, whether fresh, frozen, canned, or otherwise
(2) "False pack" means the topping or facing of containers with
the best products exposed and poor products concealed underneath.
(3) "Farmers' market" means any place within this state where
farmers or producers may sell, bring or send to sell, exhibit, or
transship agricultural products; or where buyers may come to buy,
inspect, or transport agricultural products; or where such
products may be processed or stored for sale, either at wholesale
or retail. This term shall include all real and personal
property, buildings, warehouses, storage facilities, barns,
exhibition halls, and other structures, facilities, utilities,
parking areas, streets, tracks, and other appurtenances and
facilities, including, but not limited to, restaurants, service
stations, and other like facilities of every kind and character
used or useful at such place in promoting the buying, selling, or
exchange of agricultural products. Use of such facilities shall
not be limited to the buying, selling, or exchange of agricultural
products so long as their use promotes the buying, selling, or
exchange of such agricultural products as determined by the
Commissioner. This definition shall include and not prohibit the
sale of grocery items or other items commonly sold or offered for
sale in conjunction with the sale of agricultural products.
(4) "Lease" means the creation of a written instrument (a lease)
under the terms and conditions of which one party (lessor) out of
its own estate grants and conveys to another party or parties
(lessee or lessees) an estate for years retaining a reversion in
itself after such grant and conveyance.
(5) "Person" means any individual, limited or general partnership,
association, firm, company, or corporation.
(6) "Real property" means both improved and unimproved real
property and shall also include space in and on the real property.
(7) "Rent" means the creation of a written instrument (a rental
agreement) the terms and conditions of which create the
relationship of landlord and tenant. Under such relationship no
estate passes out of the landlord and the tenant has only a
(8) "Day," "month," and "year" means "calendar day," "calendar
month," and "calendar year."
(9) "State" means the State of Georgia.