Title 2, Chapter 12, Section 102
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Bulk" means not in a package or in packages of one cubic yard
(2) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture, any
employee of the Department of Agriculture, or any other person
authorized by the Commissioner to act on behalf of the
(3) "Custom medium" means a horticultural growing medium which is
prepared to exact specifications of the person who will be
planting in the medium and delivered directly to that person
without intermediate or further distribution.
(4) "Department" means the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
(5) "Distribute" means to offer for sale, sell, barter, exchange,
or otherwise supply or make available.
(6) "Horticultural growing medium" means any substance or mixture
of substances which is promoted as or is intended to function as
an artificial soil for the managed growth of horticultural crops.
(7) "Label" means the display of all written, printed, or graphic
matter on or attached to the immediate container accompanying the
lot of horticultural growing medium.
(8) "Labeling" means, in addition to the label, any written,
printed, or graphic matter accompanying any horticultural growing
medium or any advertisements, brochures, posters, television or
radio announcements, or any other oral or written material used in
promoting a horticultural growing medium.
(9) "Person" means individuals, partnerships, corporations, other
organized bodies or entities, or any combination thereof.
(10) "Registrant" means the person whose name appears on the label
of a horticultural growing medium and who is responsible for
labeling such medium.