Title 2, Chapter 19, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture of this
(2) "Department" means the Department of Agriculture of this
(3) "Eligible cotton producer" means a person, partnership,
corporation, or other entity that grew cotton in this state and
that incurred a loss in 1998 or 1999 of such properly stored,
harvested cotton as the result of the bankruptcy of one or more
warehousemen, brokers, or other parties in possession of such
cotton or warehouse receipts evidencing title to such cotton; an
improper conversion or transfer of such cotton; the issuance of
one or more bad checks in payment for such cotton; or other
hazards or events as determined by the Commissioner.
(4) "Federal act" means section 1121 of the federal Omnibus
Consolidated and Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for
Fiscal Year 1999, Public Law 105-277.
(5) "Secretary of agriculture" means the secretary of agriculture
of the United States.