As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Commission" means the Professional Standards Commission.
(2) "Educator" means teachers and school or school system
administrators and other education personnel of this state who
hold certificates, permits, or other certification documents
issued by the Professional Standards Commission and persons who
have applied for but have not yet received or have been denied
such certificates, permits, or other certification documents from
the Professional Standards Commission.
(3) "Expungement" means the records are sealed and labeled pursuant to subsection (e) of Code Section 20-2-984.5.
(4) "Local board" means the board of education of any local school
(5) "Local school system" means any county school system or any
independent school system of a municipality.
(6) "Local superintendent" means the school superintendent of any
local school system.
(7) "State board" means the State Board of Education.
(8) "State superintendent" means the State School Superintendent.
(9) "Teaching" means any professional service rendered or
performed by an educator.