Title 21, Chapter 2, Section 3
For purposes of this article:
(1) The terms "Tract," "Block," and "VTD" shall mean and describe
the same geographical boundaries as provided in the report of the
Bureau of the Census for the United States decennial census of
1990 for the State of Georgia.
(2) The term "Precinct" is synonymous with the term "voting
precinct" and means a geographical area, established in accordance
with Article 7 of this chapter, within which all electors vote at
one polling place.
(3) Whenever the description of any congressional district refers
to a named city, it shall mean the geographical boundaries of that
city as shown on the census maps for the United States decennial
census of 1990 for the State of Georgia.
(4) Precinct names and designations following VTD designations are
included for convenience only; and in the event the description of
any congressional district contains a conflict between the
geographical boundaries of any VTD and the boundaries of the
following named precinct, the geographical boundary of the VTD as
shown on the census maps for the United States decennial census of
1990 for the State of Georgia shall control.
(5) Any part of the State of Georgia which is described in subsection (a) of Code Section 21-2-4 as being included in a particular congressional district shall nevertheless not be included within such congressional district if such part is not contiguous to such congressional district. Such noncontiguous part shall instead be included within that congressional district contiguous to such part which contains the least population according to the United States decennial census of 1990 for the State of Georgia.