Title 21, Chapter 2, Section 310
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Candidate counters" or "question counters" means the counters
which numerically register the votes cast for candidates and on
(2) "Diagram" means an illustration of the official ballot showing
the names of the parties, bodies, offices, and candidates and
statements of the questions, in their proper places, together with
the voting devices therefor.
(3) "Protective counter" means a counter or protective device or
devices that will register each time the machine is operated and
shall be constructed and so connected that it cannot be reset,
altered, or operated except by operating the machine.
(4) "Public counter" means a counter or other device which shall,
at all times, publicly indicate how many times the machine has
been voted on during an election.
(5) "Registering counter" shall not include a protective counter.
(6) "Vote indicator" means those devices with which votes are
indicated for candidates or for or against questions.