Title 26, Chapter 2, Section 231
(a) As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture for the
State of Georgia.
(2) "Cream tester" means any person who performs the act of
sampling or testing milk, cream, or other dairy products, the test
of which is to be used as a basis for making payment for said
(3) "Dairy manufacturing plants" means creameries, condenseries,
public dairies, butter factories, cheese factories, ice cream
factories, and other like factories, and any other concerns that
manufacture dairy products for sale at either retail or wholesale;
provided, however, that the term dairy manufacturing plant shall
not include a retail frozen dessert packager which is otherwise
permitted as a food service establishment pursuant to Article 13
of this chapter.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Agriculture of the State
(7) "Manufactured milk products" means those milk products,
including condensed, evaporated, concentrated, sterilized, or
powdered milk, made from raw whole milk for manufacturing purposes
and processed in such a manner and under such conditions as to
remove or sterilize, as far as is possible, any contaminated
matter contained in the raw milk from which the products were
manufactured, under such rules and regulations as may be
prescribed to ensure that result.
(10) "Person" means any individual, partnership, firm, company, or
(11) "Public dairies" means any place where milk and cream are
purchased from producers and sold or kept for sale, either at
wholesale or retail.
(12) "Raw whole milk for manufacturing purposes" means fluid whole
milk in its natural state from healthy cows, which milk has not
been produced and handled in compliance with the requirements for
Grade A milk.
(14) "Ungraded milk" means all fluid whole milk in its natural
state, which milk fails to meet the requirements of Grade A milk
or raw whole milk for manufacturing purposes as defined in this
(b) Unless otherwise defined in this article, the following words
shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in the May,
1999, Amended Version of the "Grade A Pasteurized Milk Ordinance"
Recommendations of the United States Public Health Service -- Food
and Drug Administration and supplements thereto:
(1) "Raw cow's milk";
(2) "Grade A whole milk";
(3) "Grade A milk, pasteurized";
(4) "Grade A skim milk";
(5) "Grade A buttermilk";
(6) "Grade A chocolate milk";
(7) "Grade A modified solids milk"; and
(c) Unless otherwise defined in this article, the following words
shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in "Frozen
Desserts," 21 C.F.R. Sec. 135.3, 21 C.F.R. Sec. 135.110 -- 135.160
(1) "Ice cream";
(2) "Frozen custard";
(4) "Sherbet"; and
(5) "Water ices."