Title 31, Chapter 10, Section 10
(a) Whoever assumes the custody of a live born infant of unknown
parentage shall report on a form and in a manner prescribed by the
state registrar within ten days to the vital records registration
system the following information:
(1) The date and place of finding;
(2) Sex, color or race, and approximate birth date or age of
(3) Name and address of the person or institution with whom the
child has been placed for care;
(4) Name given to the child by the custodian of the child; and
(5) Other data required by the state registrar.
(b) The place where the child was found shall be entered as the
place of birth.
(c) A report registered under this Code section shall constitute the
certificate of birth for the child.
(d) If the child is subsequently identified and a certificate of
birth is found or obtained, the report registered under this Code
section shall be placed in a special file and shall not be subject
to inspection except upon order of a court of competent jurisdiction
or as provided by regulation.