Title 31, Chapter 38, Section 1
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "CFR" means Code of Federal Regulations.
(1.1) "Consumer" means any individual who is provided access to a
tanning facility as defined in this chapter.
(2) "Individual" means any human being.
(3) "Operator" means any individual designated by the tanning
facility owner or tanning equipment lessee to operate or to assist
and instruct the consumer in the operation and use of the tanning
facility or tanning equipment.
(4) "Person" means any individual, corporation, partnership, firm,
association, trust, estate, public or private institution, group,
agency, political subdivision of this state, any other state, or
political subdivision or agency thereof, and any legal successor,
representative, agent, or agency of these entities.
(5) "Tanning equipment" means ultraviolet or other lamps and
equipment containing such lamps intended to induce skin tanning
through the irradiation of any part of the living human body with
(6) "Tanning facility" means any location, place, area, structure,
or business or a part thereof which provides consumers access to
tanning equipment. "Tanning facility" includes, but is not limited
to, tanning salons, health clubs, apartments, or condominiums
regardless of whether a fee is charged for access to the tanning
(7) "Ultraviolet radiation" means electromagnetic radiation with
wavelengths in air between 200 nanometers and 400 nanometers.