Title 31, Chapter 8, Section 102
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Administrator" means a person, duly licensed as a nursing
home administrator under Chapter 27 of Title 43, who operates or
manages or is in charge of a long-term care facility.
(2) "Guardian" means a resident's legal guardian or conservator,
or the parent of a minor representative who does not have a duly
(3) "Long-term care facility" or "facility" means any intermediate
care home, skilled nursing home, or intermingled home subject to
regulation and licensure by the department.
(4) "Representative" means a person authorized by a resident or
his guardian to act for the resident as an official delegate or
(5) "Resident" means any person who is receiving treatment or care
in any long-term care facility. Such resident shall be entitled to
exercise all rights provided under this article except as limited
by a court of competent jurisdiction or by applicable law.