Title 34, Chapter 9, Section 381
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Applicant" means an employee entitled to workers'
(2) "Board" means the State Board of Workers' Compensation.
(3) "Board of trustees" means the board of trustees of the fund.
(4) "Fund" means the Self-insurers Guaranty Trust Fund established
by this article.
(5) "Insolvent self-insurer" means a self-insurer who files for
relief under the federal Bankruptcy Act, a self-insurer against
whom involuntary bankruptcy proceedings are filed, or a
self-insurer for whom a receiver is appointed in a federal or
state court of this or any other jurisdiction and who is
determined to be insolvent by rules and regulations promulgated by
the board of trustees and approved by the board.
(6) "Participant" means a self-insurer who is a member of the fund
and exclusive of those entities described in Article 5 of this
(7) "Self-insurer" means a private employer, including any hospital authority created pursuant to the provisions of Article 4 of Chapter 7 of Title 31, the "Hospital Authorities Law," that has been authorized to self-insure its payment of workers' compensation benefits pursuant to this chapter, except any governmental self-insurer or other employer who elects to group self-insure pursuant to Code Section 34-9-152, or captive insurers as provided for in Chapter 41 of Title 33, or employers who, pursuant to any reciprocal agreements or contracts of indemnity executed prior to March 8, 1960, created funds for the purpose of satisfying the obligations of self-insured employers under this chapter.
(8) "Trustee" means a member of the Self-insurers Guaranty Trust
Fund board of trustees.