Title 35, Chapter 10, Section 3
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Badge" means any official badge used in the past or present
by members of municipal or county police departments.
(2) "Chief of police" means the chief of police for any municipal
or county police department.
(3) "Department" means any municipal or county police department.
(4) "Director of public safety" means the director of public
safety for any municipal or county police department.
(5) "Emblem" means any official patch or other emblem worn
currently or formerly or used by the department to identify the
department or its employees.
(6) "Local governing authority" means, with respect to a county,
the governing authority of the county and, with respect to a
municipality, the governing authority of the municipality.
(7) "Person" means any person, corporation, organization, or
political subdivision of this state.
(8) "Willful violator" means any person who knowingly violates the
provisions of this chapter. Any person who violates this chapter
after being advised in writing by the local governing authority
that such person's activity is in violation of this chapter shall
be considered a willful violator and shall be considered in
willful violation of this chapter. Any person whose agent or
representative is a willful violator and who has knowledge of the
violation by the agent or representative shall also be considered
a willful violator and in willful violation of this chapter,
unless upon learning of the violation he or she immediately
terminates the agency or other relationship with such violator.