Title 36, Chapter 67A, Section 1
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Applicant" means any person who applies for a rezoning action
and any attorney or other person representing or acting on behalf
of a person who applies for a rezoning action.
(2) "Business entity" means any corporation, partnership, limited
partnership, firm, enterprise, franchise, association, or trust.
(2.1) "Campaign contribution" means a "contribution" as defined in paragraph (6) of Code Section 21-5-3.
(3) "Financial interest" means all direct ownership interests of
the total assets or capital stock of a business entity where such
ownership interest is 10 percent or more.
(4) "Local government" means any county or municipality of this
(5) "Local government official" means any member of the governing
authority of a local government or any member of a planning or
(6) "Member of the family" means the spouse, mother, father,
brother, sister, son, or daughter of a local government official.
(6.1) "Opponent" means any person who opposes a rezoning action or
any attorney or other person representing or acting on behalf of a
person who opposes a rezoning action.
(6.2) "Oppose" means to appear before, discuss with, or contact,
either orally or in writing, any local government or local
government official and argue against a rezoning action.
(6.3) "Person" means an individual, partnership, committee,
association, corporation, labor organization, or any other
organization or group of persons.
(7) "Property interest" means the direct ownership of real
property and includes any percentage of ownership less than total
(8) "Real property" means any tract or parcel of land and, if
developed, any buildings or structures located on the land.
(9) "Rezoning action" means action by local government adopting an
amendment to a zoning ordinance which has the effect of rezoning
real property from one zoning classification to another.