Title 37, Chapter 1, Section 1
As used in this title, the term:
(1) "Board" means the Board of Human Resources.
(1.1) "Community service board" means a public community mental health, mental retardation, and substance abuse service board established pursuant to Code Section 37-2-6, which governs the provision of certain disability services not provided by other public or private providers under contract with the regional board.
(1.2) "Consumer" means a natural person who has been or is a recipient of disability services as defined in Code Section 37-2-2.
(2) "County board of health" means a county board of health
established in accordance with Chapter 3 of Title 31 and includes
its duly authorized agents.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Human Resources and
includes its duly authorized agents and designees.
(4) "Peace officer" means any federal, city, or county police
officer, any officer of the Georgia State Patrol, or any sheriff
or deputy sheriff.
(5) "Penal offense" means a violation of a law of the United
States, this state, or a political subdivision thereof for which
the offender may be confined in a state prison or a city or county
jail or any other penal institution.
(6) "Physician" means any person duly authorized to practice
medicine in this state under Chapter 34 of Title 43.
(6.1) "Psychologist" means any person authorized under the laws of this state to practice as a licensed psychologist as set forth in paragraph (3) of Code Section 43-39-1.
(6.2) "Regional board" means a regional mental health, mental retardation, and substance abuse board established in accordance with Code Section 37-2-4.1.
(7) "Resident" means a person who is a legal resident of the State