Title 4, Chapter 13, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Adequate food and water" means food and water which is
sufficient in amount and appropriate for the particular type of
equine to prevent starvation, dehydration, or a significant risk
to the equine's health from a lack of food or water.
(2) "Equine" means any member of the Equidae species, including
horses, mules, and asses.
(3) "Humane care" means, but is not limited to, the provision of
adequate food and water consistent with the normal requirements
and feeding habits of the equine's size, species, and breed.
(4) "Owner" means any person owning, having possession or custody
of, or in charge of an equine.
(5) "Person" means any person, firm, corporation, partnership,
association, or other legal entity; any public or private
institution; the State of Georgia; or any county, municipal
corporation, or political subdivision of the state.