Title 4, Chapter 4, Section 80
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Dealer" or "broker" means any person, firm, or corporation
engaged in the business of buying live poultry of any kind for
resale or in selling live poultry of any kind bought for the
purpose of resale. Every agent acting for or on behalf of any
dealer, broker, or poultry market operator is a dealer or broker,
provided that any farmer acquiring poultry solely for the purpose
of rearing and feeding such poultry as a part of his or her farm
operations is not a "dealer" or "broker."
(2) "Person" means any person, firm, corporation, association,
cooperative, or combination thereof.
(3) "Poultry" means domestic fowl including, but not limited to,
water fowl such as geese and ducks; birds which are bred for meat
and egg production, exhibition, or competition; game birds such as
pheasants, partridge, quail, and grouse, as well as guinea fowl,
pigeons, doves, peafowl; and all other avian species. Such term
shall not include ratites, which are considered to be livestock
under the laws of this state.
(4) "Poultry market operator" means any person engaged in the
business of operating public auctions or sales of live poultry or
of operating barns and yards for the containment of live poultry
held for the purpose of auction or sale.
(5) "Sales establishment" means any yard, barn, or other premises
where live poultry is offered for sale, auction, or exchange.