Title 40, Chapter 4, Section 45
(a) As used in this Code section, the term:
(1) "Certificate of origin" means the evidence of origin of title
of a farm tractor from the manufacturer. It shall show the
(A) The name and the address of the manufacturer;
(B) The serial number of the farm tractor; and
(C) The year, make, and model of the farm tractor.
(2) "Dealer" means a person engaged in buying, selling, trading,
or exchanging farm tractors who has an established place of
business in this state.
(3) "Farm tractor" means any self-propelled vehicle having more
than 15 horsepower designed and used primarily as a farm implement
for drawing plows, mowing machines, and other implements of
(4) "Person" means a natural person, firm, partnership,
association, or corporation.
(5) "Serial number" means the number or letters, or both, placed
on a farm tractor by stamping thereon or by affixing a plate
thereto by the manufacturer for the purpose of identifying the
(b) It shall be unlawful for any dealer to sell, trade, or exchange
any farm tractor in this state which was manufactured after July 1,
(1) The original serial number is stamped upon or affixed to the
farm tractor; and
(2) The certificate of origin is presented to the purchaser, or to
the person who otherwise receives the farm tractor through an
exchange or trade with the dealer, at the time the sale, trade, or
exchange is completed.
(c) Any person violating any provision of this Code section shall be
guilty of a misdemeanor.