Title 42, Chapter 4, Section 92
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Authority" means each public body corporate and politic
created pursuant to this article.
(2) "Cost of project" means all costs of site preparation and
other start-up costs; all costs of construction; all costs of real
and personal property required for the purposes of the jail
facilities related thereto, including land and any rights or
undivided interest therein, easements, franchises, fees, permits,
approvals, licenses, and certificates and the securing of such
permits, approvals, licenses, and certificates and all machinery
and equipment, including motor vehicles which are used for jail
functions; financing charges and interest prior to and during
construction and during such additional period as the authority
may reasonably determine to be necessary for the placing of the
jail in operation; costs of engineering, architectural, and legal
services; cost of plans and specifications and all expenses
necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or
practicability of the jail; administrative expenses; and such
other expenses as may be necessary or incidental to the financing
authorized in this article. The costs of any jail may also
include funds for the creation of a debt service reserve, a
renewal and replacement reserve, and such other reserves as may be
reasonably required by the authority for the operation of any jail
and as may be authorized by any bond resolution or trust agreement
or indenture pursuant to the provisions of which the issuance of
any such bonds may be authorized. Any obligation or expense
incurred for any of the foregoing purposes shall be regarded as a
part of the costs of the jail and may be paid or reimbursed as
such out of the proceeds of user fees, or revenue bonds or notes
issued under this article for such jail, or from other revenues
obtained by the authority.
(3) "County" means any county of this state or governmental entity
formed by the consolidation of a county and one or more municipal
(4) "County regional jail authority" means a regional jail
authority formed by counties pursuant to this article.
(5) "Governing body" means the elected or duly appointed officials
constituting the governing body of each county in the state.
(6) "Management committee" means a regional jail authority management committee created pursuant to Code Section 42-4-95.
(7) "Municipal regional jail authority" means a regional jail
authority formed by municipalities within the same county pursuant
to this article.
(8) "Municipality" means any municipal corporation of this state.
(9) "Project" means a jail and all other structures including
electric, gas, water, and other utilities and facilities,
equipment, personal property, and vehicles which are deemed by the
authority as necessary and convenient for the operation of the