Title 43, Chapter 20, Section 3
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Apprentice dispenser's permit" means a temporary nonrenewable
one-year permit issued while the applicant is in apprenticeship
under a licensed dispenser in order to become a licensed hearing
(2) "Board" means the State Board of Hearing Aid Dealers and
(3) "Dealer's license" means the license required for each office,
store, or location established or maintained for the dispensing of
hearing aid devices or instruments in this state.
(4) "Dispenser's license" means the license required for each
individual who shall engage in the practice of dispensing hearing
aid instruments or devices to or for use by the eventual user
(5) "Hearing aid device or instrument," "hearing aid," or "aid"
means any wearable electronic instrument or device designed for or
represented or offered for the purpose of compensating for
defective human hearing, including parts, attachments, ear molds,
and accessories, except batteries, cords, replacement tubing, and
minor service limited to the removal of battery corrosion.
(6) "License" means any license issued to hearing aid dealers or
to hearing aid dispensers by the State Board of Hearing Aid
Dealers and Dispensers or by the division director on behalf of
the board under this chapter.
(7) "Practice of dispensing hearing aids" means the providing of a
hearing aid to a consumer by sale, rental, lease, or otherwise. A
holder of a license or permit issued under this chapter shall be
entitled to conduct testing and other procedures to determine
suitability for use of a hearing aid, to determine hearing aid
characteristics which properly compensate the hearing condition,
to select suitable aids, to fit aids to the subject, and to
counsel and instruct in the use thereof.
(8) "Training permit" means a temporary renewable six-month permit
issued while the applicant is in training, under the direct
supervision and immediate observation of a licensed dispenser, to
become a licensed dispenser.