Title 43, Chapter 34, Section 102
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Board" means the Composite State Board of Medical Examiners as created by Code Section 43-34-21.
(2) "Carry out a prescription drug or device order" means to
complete, on a form established and approved by the board, a
written prescription drug order or a prescription device order
pursuant to the authority delegated by a supervising physician.
(3) "Evaluation agency" means a public or private hospital,
school, laboratory, clinic, federal or state institution or
agency, or similar facility which has been approved by the board
as possessing personnel and equipment and as having had practice
in a health care field sufficient to be able to make an objective
appraisal, in a manner prescribed by the board, of the proposed
physician's assistant's qualifications to perform the tasks
described in the job description.
(4) "Physician" means a person lawfully licensed in this state to
practice medicine and surgery pursuant to Article 2 of this
(5) "Physician's assistant" means a skilled person qualified by
academic and practical training to provide patients' services not
necessarily within the physical presence but under the personal
direction or supervision of the applying physician.