Title 43, Chapter 37, Section 1
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Dealer in precious metals or gems" means:
(A) Any person engaged in the business of purchasing precious
metals or gems or goods made from precious metals or gems from
persons or sources other than manufacturers, manufacturers'
representatives, or other dealers in precious metals or gems; or
(B) A person engaged in any other business if, in conjunction
with such business, precious metals or gems or goods made from
precious metals or gems are purchased from persons or sources
other than manufacturers, manufacturers' representatives, or
other dealers in precious metals or gems where such purchase is
for resale in its original form or as changed by remounting,
melting, re-forming, remolding, or recasting or for resale as
scrap or in bulk.
(2) "Gems" means any precious or semiprecious stone which is cut
(3) "Numismatic coins" means coins whose value as collectors'
items exceeds the value of the content of the precious metals in
(4) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, joint
venture, trust, association, or any other legal entity however
(5) "Precious metals" means gold, silver, or platinum or any alloy
containing gold, silver, or platinum.