Title 43, Chapter 4A, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Agent contract" means any contract or agreement pursuant to
which an athlete authorizes or empowers an athlete agent to
negotiate or solicit on behalf of the athlete with one or more
professional sports teams for the employment of the athlete by one
or more professional sports teams or to negotiate or solicit on
behalf of the athlete for the employment of the athlete as a
(2) "Athlete" means an individual who is eligible to participate
in any intercollegiate sport and who is currently enrolled as a
student at an institution of higher education or has signed a
national grant-in-aid with an institution of higher education.
(3) "Athlete agent" means a person who, directly or indirectly,
recruits or solicits an athlete to enter into an agent contract or
professional sports services contract with that person or who for
a fee procures, offers, promises, or attempts to obtain employment
for an athlete with a professional sports team. The term "athlete
agent" does not include the owner, employee, or other
representative of a professional sports team, provided that such
owner, employee, or representative does not recruit or solicit
such athlete to enter into an agent contract or professional
sports services contract or for a fee does not procure, offer,
promise, or attempt to obtain employment for such athlete with a
professional sports team.
(4) "Athletic department" means the entity exercising control over
the intercollegiate sports program at an institution of higher
education, including, but not limited to, an athletic association,
an athletic department, or an athletic foundation.
(5) "Athletic director" means the representative of the
intercollegiate sports program at an institution of higher
education as identified on the annual report filed with the
(6) "Commission" means the Georgia Athlete Agent Regulatory Commission created in Code Section 43-4A-3.
(7) "Institution of higher education" means a public or private
postsecondary school located in this state.
(8) "Person" means any individual, company, corporation,
association, partnership, or other legal entity.
(9) "Professional sports services contract" means any contract or
agreement pursuant to which an athlete is employed or agrees to
render services as a player on a professional sports team or as a