Title 43, Chapter 51, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Examiners for Certification
of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators and Laboratory
(2) "Certificate" means a document issued by the board stating
that the operator or laboratory analyst has met the requirements
for the specified operator classification of the certification
(3) "Director" means the director of the Division of Environmental
Protection of the Department of Natural Resources.
(4) "Division" means the Division of Environmental Protection of
the Department of Natural Resources.
(5) "Laboratory analyst" means any person who tests water or
wastewater samples in conjunction with the operation of public
water supply systems or wastewater treatment plants.
(6) "Operator" means any person who performs operational duties
and water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plant
laboratory testing for reporting purposes for operator
classifications I and II, as defined by the board, at wastewater
treatment plants, wastewater collection systems, water
distribution systems, or public water supply systems.
(7) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company,
association, partnership, county, municipality, state agency,
federal agency, or other entity.
(8) "Public water supply system" means the system of pipes,
structures, and facilities through which water is obtained and
treated to be offered to the public for household use or for any
other public consumption.
(9) "Wastewater collection system" means the system of sanitary
sewers, pipes, manholes, pumps, and other such apparatus used to
convey sewage to wastewater treatment plants.
(10) "Wastewater treatment plant" means the facilities provided
for the treatment and disposal of wastewater, including industrial
(11) "Water distribution system" means the system of pipes, pumps,
valves, and other such apparatus used to distribute water to the
(12) "Water treatment plant" means that portion of the water
supply system which in some way alters the physical, chemical, or
bacteriological quality of the water.