Title 45, Chapter 10, Section 20
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Agency" means any agency, authority, department, board,
bureau, commission, committee, office, or instrumentality of the
State of Georgia but shall not mean a political subdivision of the
State of Georgia.
(2) "Business" means any corporation, partnership, proprietorship,
firm, enterprise, franchise, association, organization,
self-employed individual, trust, or other legal entity.
(3) "Employee" means any person who, pursuant to a written or oral
contract, is employed by an agency.
(4) "Family" means spouse and dependents.
(5) "Full-time" means 30 hours of work for the state per week for
more than 26 weeks per calendar year.
(6) "Limited powers" means those powers other than state-wide
(7) "Part-time" means any amount of work other than full-time
(8) "Person" means any person, corporation, partnership,
proprietorship, firm, enterprise, franchise, association,
organization, or other legal entity.
(9) "Public official" means any person elected to a state office
and means any person appointed to a state office where in the
conduct of such office the person so appointed has administrative
and discretionary authority to receive and expend public funds and
to perform certain functions concerning the public which are
assigned to him by law.
(10) "State-wide powers" means those powers exercised by public
officials which affect and influence all of state government.
Public officials who exercise such powers include but are not
limited to the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, members of the
General Assembly, Justices of the Supreme Court, Judges of the
Court of Appeals, the Secretary of State, the Attorney General,
the state auditor, the commissioner of administrative services,
the commissioner of the State Merit System of Personnel
Administration and members of the State Personnel Board, the
director of the Office of Planning and Budget, judges of the
superior courts, and district attorneys.
(11) "Substantial interest" means the direct or indirect ownership
of more than 25 percent of the assets or stock of any business.
(12) "Transact business" or "transact any business" means to sell
or lease any personal property, real property, or services on
behalf of oneself or on behalf of any third party as an agent,
broker, dealer, or representative and means to purchase surplus
real or personal property on behalf of oneself or on behalf of any
third party as an agent, broker, dealer, or representative.