Title 45, Chapter 21, Section 1
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Agency" means any agency as defined in Code Section 45-20-2, any authority, or any public corporation, but shall not include the board of regents and units of the University System of Georgia.
(2) "Appointing authority" means a person or group of persons
authorized by law or delegated authority to make appointments to
fill employee positions in the legislative, judicial, or executive
branch of state government.
(3) "Board" means the State Personnel Board.
(4) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of personnel
administration or his or her designee.
(5) "Incentive award program" means a program developed by the board or other appointing authority under subsection (b) of Code Section 45-21-2.
(6) "Incentive compensation plan" means a plan developed by the board under Chapter 20 of this title and subsection (c) of Code Section 45-21-2 or other appointing authority under subsection (c) of Code Section 45-21-2.
(7) "Incentive payment" means a one-time lump sum payment that
does not become a part of base salary.