Title 46, Chapter 11, Section 3
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Carrier" means any person engaged in the transportation on
the public roads of this state of goods or property in, to, or
through this state, whether or not such transportation is for
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of motor vehicle safety.
(3) "Hazardous material" means and includes radioactive materials,
liquefied natural gas (LNG), and polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB).
(4) "Person" means and includes any individual, corporation,
partnership, association, state, municipality, political
subdivision of a state, and any agency or instrumentality of the
United States government or any other entity and includes any
officer, agent, or employee of any of the above.
(5) "Shipper" means any person who arranges for, provides for,
solicits a carrier for, consigns to a carrier for, or contracts
with a carrier for shipment or transport of goods or property.