Title 46, Chapter 3, Section 171
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Address" means a complete mailing address, including,
whenever practicable, street and number or building and floor.
(2) "Articles of incorporation" means the original or restated
articles of incorporation or articles of consolidation and all the
amendments thereto, including articles of merger, and also
includes what have been designated by the laws of this state prior
to July 1, 1981, as charters.
(3) "Electric membership corporation" or "EMC" means an electric
membership corporation organized under this article or any prior
electric membership corporation law of this state, or a
corporation which elected, in accordance with the provisions
thereof, to be governed by Ga. L. 1937, p. 644, the "Electric
Membership Corporation Act."
(4) "Federal agency" includes the United States of America and any
department, administration, commission, board, bureau, office,
establishment, agency, authority, or instrumentality thereof.
(5) "Foreign electric cooperative" means a cooperative, nonprofit
membership corporation organized under laws other than the laws of
this state for the same or similar purposes for which an electric
membership corporation may be organized under this article.
(6) "Insolvent" means that an electric membership corporation is
unable to pay its debts as they become due in the usual course of
its business or that it has liabilities in excess of assets.
(7) "Member" means a person who has met the requirements and
conditions of membership in an electric membership corporation
which are set forth in this article and in the articles of
incorporation and bylaws of an electric membership corporation.
(8) "Person" includes any natural person; firm; association;
electric membership corporation; foreign electric cooperative;
corporation, either domestic or foreign; business or other trust;
partnership; federal agency; state or political subdivision
thereof; or body politic.
(9) "Service" means any service or commodity which an electric
membership corporation may provide under this article for which
value is paid.