Title 46, Chapter 3, Section 52
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Bidirectional metering" means measuring the amount of
electricity supplied by an electric service provider and the
amount fed back to the electric service provider by the customer's
distributed generation facility using the same meter.
(2) "Cogeneration facility" means a facility, other than a
distributed generation facility, which produces electric energy,
steam, or other forms of useful energy (such as heat) which are
used for industrial, commercial, heating, or cooling purposes.
(3) "Commission" means the Georgia Public Service Commission.
(4) "Customer generator" means the owner and operator of a
distributed generation facility.
(5) "Distributed generation facility" means a facility owned and
operated by a customer of the electric service provider for the
production of electrical energy that:
(A) Uses a solar Photovoltaic system, fuel cell, or wind
(B) Has a peak generating capacity of not more than 10kw for a
residential application and 100kw for a commercial application;
(C) Is located on the customer's premises;
(D) Operates in parallel with the electric service provider's
(E) Connected to the electric service provider's distribution
system on either side of the electric service provider's meter;
(F) Is intended primarily to offset part or all of the customer
generator's requirements for electricity.
(6) "Electric membership corporation" means a corporation
organized under Article 2 of this chapter.
(7) "Electric service provider" means any electric utility,
electric membership corporation, or municipal electric utility
that is engaged in the business of distributing electricity to
retail electric customers in the state.
(8) "Electric supplier" means any electric utility, electric
membership corporation furnishing wholesale service, any municipal
electric utility or any other person which furnishes wholesale
service to any municipality, and the Tennessee Valley Authority.
(9) "Electric utility" means any retail supplier of electricity
whose rates are fixed by the commission.
(10) "Municipal electric utility" means a city or town that owns
or operates an electric utility.
(11) "Person" means a natural person, corporation, trust,
partnership, incorporated or unincorporated association, or any
other legal entity.
(12) "Renewable energy sources" means energy supplied from
technologies as approved in the Georgia Green Pricing