Title 46, Chapter 7, Section 85.1
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Certificate" means a certificate of public convenience and
necessity issued by the commissioner.
(2) "Chauffeur" means any person with a Georgia state driver's license who meets the qualifications as prescribed in Code Section 46-7-85.10 and who is authorized by the commissioner to drive a limousine under this article.
(3) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of motor vehicle safety.
(3.1) "Department" means the Department of Motor Vehicle Safety.
(4) "Limousine" means any motor vehicle that meets the
manufacturer's specifications for a luxury limousine with a
designed seating capacity for no more than ten passengers and with
a minimum of five seats located behind the operator of the
vehicle, and which does not have a door at the rear of the vehicle
designed to allow passenger entry or exit; further, no vehicle
shall be permitted to be operated both as a taxicab and a
(5) "Limousine carrier" means any person operating a service
regularly rendered to the public by furnishing transportation as a
motor common carrier for hire, not over fixed routes, by means of
limousines, or extended limousines, on the basis of telephone
contract or written contract.
(6) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation,
company, association, or joint-stock association, and includes any
trustee, receiver, assignee, or personal representative thereof.
(7) "Public highway" means every public street, road, or highway
in this state.