Title 49, Chapter 8, Section 3
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Board of directors" means the policy-making board of a
community action agency.
(2) "Community action agency" means a public or private nonprofit
corporation which was a recipient of community services block
grant funds on January 1, 1989, or its successors.
(3) "Director" means the person designated by the commissioner of
human resources to effect the coordination and fiscal
accountability of the community services authorized by this
(4) "Outreach" means staff capability to locate eligible clients,
determine and evaluate needs, furnish information, gather data,
make referrals, secure transportation, and assist clients in
locating existing resources or assist in developing needed
resources where none exist.
(5) "Poverty guideline" means the sliding scale of family incomes
revised periodically and published as a poverty index in the