Title 7, Chapter 1, Section 590
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Bank" and "bank holding company" shall have the same meaning
as in Part 18 of this article. A "banking business" is the
business which a bank is authorized to do pursuant to this title.
The power to receive deposits or the performance of any
transaction directly or through an affiliate or agent relative to
a deposit account shall be presumed to constitute a banking
(2) "Domicile" means the home state as defined in paragraph (12) of Code Section 7-1-621 where a bank is chartered or where a bank holding company is incorporated.
(3) "Loan production office" is a form of a representative office,
where the solicitation of loans or of leases of personal property
may occur, but not the disbursement of loan proceeds nor any other
banking business. It shall be established and registered as a
(4) "Representative office" is an office established by a bank, a
bank holding company, or an agent or subsidiary of either for the
purpose of conducting other than a banking business. It shall not
be considered to be a branch office or main office.
(5) "Trust production office" means a trust sales office of a qualifying individual or corporate fiduciary which office is not performing fiduciary activities. The trust institution desiring to establish such an office in this state must apply to the department on forms provided by the department, must be approved by the commissioner to engage in sales activities in this state, and must register and pay any fees required for a representative office under Code Section 7-1-593. Sales activities shall consist primarily of marketing or soliciting in this state using mail, telephone, or electronic means or in person to act or propose to act as a fiduciary outside of this state. The department shall be permitted to examine such trust production offices to ascertain whether they are limiting their activities as prescribed.