Title 7, Chapter 1, Section 911
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of banking and finance.
(2) "Conducts" includes initiating, concluding, or participating
in initiating or concluding a transaction.
(3) "Currency" means currency and coin of the United States.
(4) "Currency transaction" means a transaction:
(A) Initiated from the receipt or payment of currency or
concluding with the receipt or payment of currency; or
(B) Involving the movement or transfer of monetary value by
electronic means other than within the books of account of the
same financial institution.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Banking and Finance of
the State of Georgia.
(6) "Financial institution" means:
(A) A state or national bank;
(B) A trust company;
(C) A building and loan association, state savings and loan
association, or a federal savings and loan association;
(D) A state or federal credit union;
(E) An international bank agency doing business in this state on
April 1, 1975, pursuant to the former "International Bank Agency
Act," approved April 6, 1972 (Ga. L. 1972, p. 1140), or
authorized to do business in this state pursuant to Article 5 of
this chapter; or
(F) A licensee under Article 4 of this chapter and such other
persons as may be engaged in the business of:
(i) Cashing checks for a fee; or
(ii) Performing transactions by wire or other electronic means
to facilitate the movement or transfer of money.
(7) "Knowing that the moneys involved in a currency transaction
represent the proceeds of some form of unlawful activity" means
that the person knew the moneys involved in the transaction
represented proceeds from some form, although not necessarily
which form, of activity that constitutes a felony under this Code.
(8) "Monetary instruments" means coin or currency of the United
States or of any other country, travelers' checks, personal
checks, bank checks, money orders, investment securities in bearer
form or otherwise in such form that title thereto passes upon
delivery, and negotiable instruments in bearer form or otherwise
in such form that title thereto passes upon delivery.
(9) "Person" means natural persons, partnerships, trusts, estates,
associations, corporations, and all entities cognizable as legal
(10) "Specified unlawful activity" means any act or activity constituting an offense punishable as a felony pursuant to the laws of this state or any act or acts constituting a pattern of racketeering activity as that term is defined in Code Section 16-14-3.
(11) "Transaction" includes:
(A) A purchase, sale, loan, pledge, gift, transfer, delivery, or
other disposition and, with respect to a financial institution,
includes a deposit, withdrawal, transfer between accounts,
exchange of currency, loan, extension of credit, purchase or
sale of any stock, bond, certificate of deposit, or other
monetary instrument, or any other payment, transfer, or delivery
by, through, or to a financial institution, by whatever means
(B) The movement of funds by wire or other means or involving
one or more monetary instruments or the use of a financial