Title 10, Chapter 1, Section 371
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Article" means a product as distinguished from its trademark,
label, or distinctive dress in packaging.
(2) "Certification mark" means a mark used in connection with the
goods or services of a person other than the certifier to indicate
geographic origin, material, mode of manufacture, quality,
accuracy, or other characteristics of the goods or services or to
indicate that the work or labor on the goods or services was
performed by members of a union or other organization.
(3) "Collective mark" means a mark used by members of a
cooperative, association, or other collective group or
organization to identify goods or services and distinguish them
from those of others or to indicate membership in the collective
group or organization.
(4) "Mark" means a word, name, symbol, device, or any combination
of the foregoing in any form or arrangement.
(5) "Person" means an individual, corporation, government, or
governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust,
partnership, unincorporated association, two or more of any of the
foregoing having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or
(6) "Service mark" means a mark used by a person to identify
services and to distinguish them from the services of others.
(7) "Trademark" means a mark used by a person to identify goods
and to distinguish them from the goods of others.
(8) "Trade name" means a word, name, symbol, device, or any
combination of the foregoing in any form or arrangement used by a
person to identify his business, vocation, or occupation and
distinguish it from the business, vocation, or occupation of