Title 34, Chapter 5, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Labor of the State of
(2) "Employ" means to permit to work.
(3) "Employee" means any individual employed by an employer, other
than domestic or agricultural employees, and includes individuals
employed by the state or any of its political subdivisions,
including public bodies.
(4) "Employer" means any person employing ten or more employees
and acting directly or indirectly in the interest of an employer
in relation to an employee. The term "employer," as used in this
chapter, means an employer who is engaged in intrastate commerce.
(5) "Occupation" means any industry, trade, business or branch
thereof, or any employment or class of employment.
(6) "Person" means one or more individuals, partnerships,
corporations, legal representatives, trustees, trustees in
bankruptcy, or voluntary associations.
(7) "Wage rate" means all compensation for employment, including
payment in kind and amounts paid by employers for employee