Title 37, Chapter 2, Section 2
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Area" means a Community Mental Health, Mental Retardation,
and Substance Abuse Service Area.
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of human resources.
(2.1) "Community service board" means a public community mental health, mental retardation, and substance abuse service board established pursuant to Code Section 37-2-6, which governs the provision of certain public disability services not provided by other public or private providers under contract with the regional board.
(2.2) "Consumer" means a natural person who has been or is a
recipient of disability services as defined in this Code section.
(3) "Director" means the director of the division.
(4) "Disability" means:
(A) Mental or emotional illness;
(B) Mental retardation;
(C) Other neurologically disabling conditions which require
treatment similar to that for the mentally retarded including
epilepsy, cerebral palsy, and autism; or
(D) The abuse of, addiction to, or dependence upon alcohol,
narcotics, or other drugs.
(4.1) "Disability services" means services to the disabled or
services which are designed to prevent or ameliorate the effect of
(5) "Disabled" means any person or persons who have a disability.
(6) "Division" means the Division of Mental Health, Mental
Retardation, and Substance Abuse of the Department of Human
(7) "Hospital" means a state owned or state operated facility
providing services which include but are not limited to inpatient
care and the diagnosis, care, treatment, or habilitation of the
(8) "Regional board" means a regional mental health, mental retardation, and substance abuse board established in accordance with Code Section 37-2-4.1.
(8.1) "Regional planning unit" or "unit" means a regional mental health, mental retardation, and substance abuse planning unit created under Code Section 37-2-4.1.
(9) "Substance abuse" means the abuse of, addiction to, or
dependence upon alcohol, narcotics, or other drugs.