Title 44, Chapter 5, Section 111
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Adult" means an individual who has attained the age of 21
(2) "Benefit plan" means an employer's plan for the benefit of an
employee or partner or an individual retirement account.
(3) "Broker" means a person lawfully engaged in the business of
effecting transactions in securities or commodities for the
person's own account or for the account of others.
(4) "Court" means the probate court in the county where the minor
resides, or, if the minor is not a resident of this state, the
probate court in the county where the custodian resides or has his
principal place of business or where the custodial property is
(5) "Custodial property" means any interest in property
transferred to a custodian under the authority of this article and
the income from and proceeds of that interest in property.
(6) "Custodian" means a person so designated under Code Section 44-5-119 or a successor or substitute custodian designated under Code Section 44-5-128.
(7) "Financial institution" means a bank, trust company, national
banking association, industrial bank, savings institution, or
credit union chartered and supervised under state or federal law.
(8) "Guardian" means a person appointed or qualified by a court to
act as general, limited, or temporary guardian of a minor's
property or a person legally authorized to perform substantially
the same functions.
(9) "Legal representative" means an individual's personal
representative or guardian.
(10) "Member of the minor's family" means the minor's parent,
stepparent, spouse, grandparent, brother, sister, uncle, or aunt,
whether of the whole or half blood or by adoption.
(11) "Minor" means an individual who has not attained the age of
(12) "Person" means an individual, corporation, organization, or
other legal entity.
(13) "Personal representative" means an executor, administrator,
successor personal representative, or special administrator of a
decedent's estate or a person legally authorized to perform
substantially the same functions.
(14) "State" includes any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any territory or possession subject to the legislative authority of the United States. (15) "Transfer" means a transaction that creates custodial property under Code Section 44-5-119.
(16) "Transferor" means a person who makes a transfer under the
authority of this article.
(17) "Trust company" means a financial institution, corporation,
or other legal entity authorized to exercise general trust powers
in this state.