Title 7, Chapter 4, Section 3
(a) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (a) through (c) of Code Section 10-1-33, any retail installment contract pertaining to:
(1) Any manufactured home with a cash sale price of more than
(2) Any motor vehicle where the amount financed is $5,000.00 or
may provide for such finance charge as the parties may agree in
(b)(1) Any retail installment contract pertaining to a
manufactured home or any consumer loan secured by such a home
shall contain the contract provisions required by subsection (c)
of Section 501 of the Depository Institutions Deregulation and
Monetary Control Act of 1980, Public Law 96-221 (12 U.S.C.
(2) Any person violating this subsection shall be subject to the liability specified in Code Section 7-4-5; but the contract or loan shall still be entitled to the benefits of the other provisions of Code Section 7-4-2.
(c) As used in this Code section, the term:
(1) "Finance charge" means the amount agreed upon between the
buyer and the seller to be added to the cash sale price and, if a
separate charge is made therefor, the amount, if any, included for
insurance and other benefits and official fees, in determining the
time sale price.
(2) "Manufactured home" means a structure, transportable in one or
more sections, which, in the traveling mode, is eight body feet or
more in width, or 40 body feet or more in length, or, when erected
on site, is 320 or more square feet and which is built on a
permanent chassis and designed to be used as a dwelling with or
without a permanent foundation when connected to the required
utilities and includes the plumbing, heating, air-conditioning,
and electrical systems contained therein; except that such term
shall include any structure which meets all the requirements of
this paragraph except the size requirements and with respect to
which the manufacturer voluntarily files a certification required
by the secretary of Housing and Urban Development and complies
with the standards established under The National Mobile Home
Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974, 42 U.S.C. Section
5401, et seq.
(3) "Retail installment contract" or "contract" means an
instrument or instruments creating a purchase money security
interest or any instrument evidencing an obligation secured by a
purchase money security interest.